Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

Sadly I wasn't able to make it up to Fairbanks for Thanksgiving this year. Instead I spent the day skiing from my cabin in the mountains to the east of Anchorage. Jason, Cassie and I got an early start and set the skin track up the mountain. Unfortunately everyone else decided not to use it and skin right up the best line. Oh well, I guess they just had to deal with a skin track that gets skied out.

The snow was pretty decent up there. There was six inches to a foot of new on top of hard pack in the chute. We decided to stick to the lower angle terrain and out of the rocks due to the avalanche hazards.

All in all it was a great way to get out and share some powder with friends before gorging on excellent food!

Cassie skinning up


Cassie


Jason with Cassie in the background


Jason




Jason practicing his dry tooling technique in his "manskos".

No comments: