Friday, January 4, 2008

Sprinting, Computer, and Utah

I haven't been able to post for a while because I've been having a bit a trouble with my computer. For some reason it keeps shutting off randomly or the screen will quit working. I don't think I will be able to solve the problem on the road. (That's my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking to it.)

Anyways I'm in Utah now getting ready to race at Soldier Hollow tomorrow. It is going to be a grueling 20k individual classic race consisting of four laps of the Olympic 5k. This is kind of different because usually we have our long race as a mass start. Saturday we have a 10k skate mass start race on the same course, which is going to be ridiculous. Everybody is going to want to be at the front all the time. I'd better get a good start that day. There should be results at summit timing or at the RMISA homepage.

Senior Nationals finished alright. My sprint race was alright for me. I'm not much of a sprinter but I gave it my all. I feel like I had a good line considering I was the 130th person on the course (some parts of the best line were pretty soft) and I was able to V2 all the way up the major hill, which was my game plan. I ended up 103 in the sprint, which is average for me. It was great to not have any more pressure that day and kick back and take pictures. I didn't do the team sprint because I wanted to get some training in and be rested for the races in Utah and Colorado. I was able to get in a good two hour classic ski and test some new klister skis from Peter Hale, the Madshus rep.

I wasn't able to get any pictures loaded on the site before my computer crashed. If you're dieing to see pictures I have all my Senior National pictures posted on Facebook. I'll try to post some of the best pictures from the trip when I get back and am able to get my computer fixed.

No comments: