Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mount Marathon here I come!

I just found out that I got into this year's Mount Marathon mountain race! I won one of the thirty open slots for the race. For those of you who do not know Mount Marathon is pretty much the State Championship of mountain running. It is 1.5 miles from sea level to the top of Mt. Marathon (3022 ft) and another 1.5 miles back down. The down is super crazy! For example it took last years winner 35 minutes to get up and 11 to get back down. Here is a picture of the mountain. You can just make out the course on the scree.


If you can't make it out, I went ahead and edited the picture. I think it is pretty crazy that you can see the course from down in town (or out in a boat in this case).



Other than getting into Mt. Marathon I've been pretty busy with school. Last weekend Thomas, Casey, Karl and I planned on camping out in Turnagain and getting a bunch of tele skiing in. It was an interesting adventure to say the least. I'll tell you about it when I can get my pictures loaded.

For more information onMount Marathon check out these links.
Seward.com
Mount Marathon - Wikipedia

No comments: